Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Crowdfunding for SMEs (Small & Medium-sized Enterprises)
Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EST)
Crowdfunding the American Dream on Main Street
The American economy is failing Main Street.
This first-of-its-kind Crowdfunding practicum/symposium focuses on addressing the three main problems facing Main Street.
1. Slow economic recovery continues to strain traditional funding resources
- Contributors: fewer available bank loans, shrinking grant opportunities, rising startup costs, personal debt incurred during startup phase
- Solution: provide new alternative funding channels (micro-finance, P2P lending, equity-crowdfunding) to SMEs through free local training programs
2. Remaining competitive in an increasingly global landscape
- Contributors: online and international retail channels, big box retail (wal mart, target, etc.)
- Solution: Implementing innovative "resource-sharing" and sales/marketing programs with Universities that helps reduce overhead for startups and SMEs .
3. Weak micro-economies drives away talented workforce from Main Street
- Contributors: perception that Main Street isn't competitive or innovative , pressure on college graduates to secure a job that is commiserate with their degree
- Solution: Implementing successful work/study programs and by forging hands-on internship relationships with local businesses.
The Crowdfunding for SMEs (Small & Medium-sized Enterprises) conference, brought to you by Phabriq development as part of the Soho Loft Capital Creation Event Series, is a networking and educational conference where SMEs gain exclusive insight into the explosive crowdfunding industry which is rapidly changing our business culture and placing new demands on entrepreneurs, business owners, and employees alike. At this event, Phabriq Development, Soho Loft and the principals of the largest global trade organizations in Crowdfunding will work together to help SMEs unlock the remarkable opportunities taking place in crowdfunding, microfinance, and alternative capital raise markets.
The Crowdfunding for SMEs guest presenters and speakers include industry thought leaders, community organizers and principals of top international crowdfunding and alternative-investment firms. Speaking will be Brian Meece, CEO of RocketHub.com, who has lectured on crowdsourced funding at SXSW, TEDxBrooklyn, Columbia University, Makers Faire, and numerous other conferences, universities, and institutions. Recently added to the list of star appearances is Paul Spinrad, whose proposal to the SEC, the first for a crowdfunding exemption to securities law, formed the base of what included in the JOBS Act. Paul is also a founding executive board member of the Crowdfunding Professional Association and industry journalist with over 10 years experience witing at MAKE and WIRED magazines.
Speakers & Panelists include:
• Paul Spinrad – industry journalist, pioneer of the Startup Exemption
• Maurice Lopes – CEO - EarlyShares
• Scott Popma – Crowdfunding IP specialist, partner - Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett &
• Larry Baker – Investment professional, entrepreneur, co-founder – Bolstr.com
• Chance Barnett – Journalist, author, co-founder – CrowdFunder.com
• Brian Meece – Entrepreneur, musician, founder – RocketHub.com
• Kim Wales – Change Agent, writer, CEO - Epitome Global Services
• Daryl Bryant: CEO - StartUpValley.com
• Scott McIntyre – Venture Catalyst, Managing Director - Phabriq Development
• Kevin Provost – Entrepreneur, founder – Crowdfunding Campuses
We look forward to a vibrant discussion of the progress crowdfunding initiatives have made both domestically and overseas, and specifically how harnessing best of breed strategies now carries the potential to strengthen American SME market from the bottom up as champions of grassroots innovation, equality and opportunity.
At the conference our panelists will deep-dive into the financial and resource roadblocks previously preventing SMEs from competing on a global scale. Topics covered will include the rising cost of startup-overhead, shrinking traditional funding sources, the heavy financial burden that entrepreneurs risked before crowdfunding, and the importance of a strong social network in building any brand. Our panelists will discuss how crowdsourcing human and financial resources can lead to long-term fiscal prosperity in the SME ecosystem and lead to real and lasting job creation. Our multiple-sessions format makes this event far more interactive and results-oriented than conventional conferences of this scale, setting the stage for strategic and personal alliances among attendees, and facilitating tangible paths to adopting these groundbreaking advancements. The conference is focused on providing SMEs with groundbreaking strategies and complimentary business models that can be used in real-time to fuel creativity, encourage and actively support entrepreneurship, and promote financial affluence at an accelerated pace through open-source collaboration, and nontraditional funding methods.
We are pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to organizations that have similar interests in SMEs, entrepreneurship, open-innovation, capital formation, high technology and finance. Sponsors of the Crowdfunding for SMEs conference will see their brand and messages represented in numerous locations and instances including before, during and after the event on marketing material, promotional collateral and web media. Because of the time-constraints in bringing together so many prominent speakers, interested sponsors please contact us ASAP to discuss various sponsor packages. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
CrowdfundingCampuses + Phabriq Development + The Soho Loft
The inaugural Crowdfunding + Higher Education Symposium is presented by CrowdfundingCampuses and Phabriq Development.
Phabriq Development is a niche media and business development consultancy leading the Crowdfunding industry in gathering and implementing best practices to the benefit of creative portals, schools, accelerator programs and venture incubators. Our programs heighten client and partner competitiveness by employing state-of-the-art marketing and business development strategies introduced at industry showcase events where noted global leaders actively moderate real-time discussions interactively with participants.
Crowdfunding Campuses is a PA-based startup bringing Crowdfunding industry solutions to higher education through showcase events, and by instituting curriculum planning workshops, and establishing student entrepreneurship incubator/accelerator programs at leading institutions.
CrowdfundingCampuses and Phabriq Development introduce CrowdSchools.org to leaders in higher learning, students concerned about the value of their education and Main Street shopkeeps looking to grow their business.
At a free afternoon symposium at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in downtown Philadelphia, numerous industry thought leaders will spend the day listening to attendees' personal accounts of how a slow-growing economy, austerity measures and a credit crunch are directly affecting their lives. Professionals will be offering their visions of how the exploding market of Crowdfunding holds the power to restore their American Dream. Implementing programs like CrowdSchools, which builds a bridge from Main Street to campus, student interns will be challenged, paid and credited to design and apply new funding strategies to everything from underwriting school programs and charities to helping local businesses expand to launching their own projects while still in school. One of the CrowdSchools benchmarks is $50,000 in funding goals be realized each term at each partner school.
The CrowdfundingCampuses Higher Education Symposium is brought to you through the kind support of:
Full backstory and previous Press Release viewable at: http://new.pr/VOKmIe